Friday, July 25, 2014

Don't Buy a Mean Girl

I recently had someone ask if I could do a dress alteration for her.  My alteration skills do not match my quilting skills.  I can do VERY basic alterations, but anything more complicated than shortening a hem is something I usually pass on.  I told her I would take a look and see what could be done.

I should inform you that this lady stands about 6'1", is athletically slim and has a kick-ass attitude.  She'll drink you under the table and can land just about any guy she wants. 

Girlfriend is a knockout.  

She brought me a cute little party dress that just didn't fit her in the bust.  There was no fixing it.  She's got this great, perky little pair up front, but the dress was made for someone with size D boobs that could magically (or surgically - no judgement, just saying) stand up on their own.  There was nowhere to hide a bra under this thing.  She started blaming her small boobs and the genes that created them.  This dress was a beautiful color, had a sassy hemline and really begged to be worn, but it had just succeeded in making a gorgeous girl dislike her decidedly beautiful body.

Take the dress back to the store!  There's no need to go paying money to have a mean girl in your closet.  I'm all for buying things that you love and altering them to fit if need be, but if it's not working, it's not working.  Break up with that dress.  You're better than that.


2 comments: